Pakistan strikes seven terrorist camps along Afghan border after recent suicide attacks

Pakistan carried out intelligence-based strikes against seven terrorist camps along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border following a string of recent suicide bombings, including an attack on an imambargah in Islamabad and incidents in Bajaur and Bannu. In a statement issued early Sunday morning, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting said Pakistan had “conclusive evidence” that the attacks were carried out by militants referred to as “Khawarij” at the behest of their Afghanistan-based leadership. “In the aftermath of recent suicide bombing incidents in Pakistan, including Imam Bargah at Islamabad, one each in Bajaur and Bannu followed by another incident today in Bannu during the holy month of Ramazan, Pakistan has conclusive evidence that these acts of terrorism were perpetrated by Khawarij on behest of their Afghanistan-based leadership and handlers,” the ministry said. The statement added that responsibility for the attacks had been claimed by Afghanistan-based members of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), their affiliates, and Islamic State-Khorasan Province (ISKP). Press Release 21 February, 2026 In the aftermath of recent suicide bombing incidents in Pakistan, including Imam Bargah at Islamabad, one each in Bajaur and Bannu followed by another incident today in Bannu during the holy month of Ramzan, Pakistan has conclusive evidence that… — Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (@MoIB_Official) February 21, 2026 Pakistan said it had repeatedly urged Afghanistan’s interim Taliban authorities to prevent militant groups from using Afghan territory to launch attacks across the border, but stated that no meaningful action had been taken. “Despite repeated efforts by Pakistan to urge the Afghan Taliban Regime to take verifiable measures to deny use of Afghan Territory by terrorist groups and foreign proxies to carry out terrorist activities in Pakistan, the Afghan Taliban Regime failed to undertake any substantive action against them,” the ministry said. The statement further said it remained committed to regional peace but would prioritise domestic security. “Pakistan has always strived for maintaining peace and stability in the region, but at the same time the safety and security of our citizens remains our top priority,” it stated. “In this back drop, Pakistan in a retributive response, has carried out intelligence based selective targeting of seven terrorist camps and hideouts belonging to Pakistani Taliban of FAK and its affiliates and ISKP at the border region of Pakistan Afghan border with precision and accuracy,” it added. It further called on Afghanistan’s interim government to fulfill its responsibilities and prevent its soil from being used against Pakistan. “Pakistan expects and reiterates Interim Afghan Government to fulfil its obligations and deny use of its soil by Khawarij and terrorists against Pakistan as the safety and security of people of Pakistan comes first and foremost,” the ministry said. It urged international stakeholders to press the Taliban authorities to adhere to their commitments under the Doha Agreement. “Pakistan also expects the international community to play a positive and constructive role by urging the Taliban regime to stand by its commitments as part of Doha Agreement to deny use of its soil against other countries; an act vital for regional and global peace and security,” the statement concluded.

from Pakistan News, Latest News Pakistan, Pakistan Headline | The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/0C2acQn

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.